I Got a DUI on Spring Break and Live Out of State - Help! By Daniel Smith

It is Spring Break season and San Diego will see its usual parties in Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, and Del Mar Beach, to name a few. And, of course, there will be college and university students that are unfortunate enough to receive a variety of citations. Here is a helpful list if it is unclear. Drunk in public 647(f), Minor in Possession (MIP) VC 23224, open container VC 23221, disturbing the peace PC 415, and of course the dreaded DUI or DWI as they are known in Arizona to “Zonies” VC 23152(a) and VC 23152 (b). Whew! Speaking as an alum of ASU, NAU, and U of A, I can tell you, or I mean, I was told that many students don’t know what to do when they get arrested and live out of state. First, call us at San Diego Defenders at (619) 258-8888 at any hour - 24 hours, and an actual attorney, like Dan Smith, will answer your questions about bail and court appearances. These are misdemeanor offenses, so we can appear for you and you do not have to return to San Diego Court, as much fun as it may be.

Do remember to have fun, but be responsible. For your friends that have a lapse in judgment, call us directly at 619-258-8888 and we will help make this a bump in the road rather than a road block in your future. It’s Spring Break!