California Penal Code 1203.3 PC allows a judge to terminate a defendant's probation ahead of schedule. If the judge grants an early termination of probation, you may request for your record to be expunged at that time or a later date.
Before terminating your probation early, the judge will inquire that:
- you have successfully completed the terms of your probation (such as fines, classes or restitution), and,
- there are circumstances that justify early termination.
Valid reasons for termination include but are not limited to the fact that your probation is:
- keeping you from securing gainful employment,
- keeping you from completing your education,
- preventing you from advancing at your employment, or
- restricting necessary travel.
If you or a loved one would like to terminate probation early, please contact our office at (619)258-8888 for a free consultation with an experienced attorney.