If you have completed the probation for a misdemeanor or felony DUI conviction, or have been granted an early termination from probation, you might qualify for an expungement of your DUI.
Pros to Expungement?
- The case at hand will result in a dismissal
- You will not need to disclose your charges and conviction on job applications, with the exception of government jobs requiring a government issued license, certificate or permit, or a job which involves a security clearance, in which case the conviction will be uncovered.
Cons to Expungement:
Expungement will not:
- Remove the conviction from your “Rap Sheet”;
- Reinstate your right to possess firearms, if the DUI resulted in a felony.
- Prevent the DUI from being used as a “prior” DUI conviction to increase penalties in the event you receive another DUI arrest within ten years.
If you would like to speak with an experienced expungement attorney for a free and confidential consultation, please call our office at (619)258-8888.