Disturbing the Peace: California Penal Code 415 By Daniel Smith

Disturbing the Peace has several subdivisions each which you can be charged with. They include:

  1. Unlawful fighting;
  2. Unreasonable Noise;
  3. Fighting Words.

A violation of any of the above can result in a charge of disturbing the peace and in fact all subdivisions can be charged.

Disturbing the Peace is a “wobbler” which means that it can either be charged as a misdemeanor or an infraction. Depending on the circumstances of your case, the prosecutor will make the determination how to charge you. A good defense attorney can often help to reduce the charge to an infraction.

If you or a loved one has been charged with Disturbing the Peace or another criminal charge, please contact our office at (619)258-8888 for a free and confidential consultation with an experienced attorney.